Happy New Year!

Friday, December 5, 2008

Long time no see!

Its been forever and a day… What can I say life gets in the way every now and then. I didn’t feel so bad until I recently received my first blog comment/compliment from a complete stranger. I thought “Whoa someone I don’t know is actually reading my blog…perhaps I should do an update.” As usual I’m short on time but lets do a recap of the last 8 months….
*My Granny passed away in May right after her birthday…She, along with my mom taught me to sew. She also taught me to embroider and was the first person I knew that owned a glue gun. She helped to raise me. Mattie Mae was 84 years old and I miss her oh so dearly.
*I successfully vended at my first Indie Craft Experience (I.C.E) show at Centennial Olympic park in June…it was hotter than Hades (or so I’ve heard)
*We moved into a new place in June- I like it so much better than the previous place.
*E lost his job in July – we are still holding on despite the reduction of income…Only by God’s grace.
*My car got wrecked shortly after- It’s fixed now, I love insurance!
*Taylor started 8th grade at new school in August.- Middle school is a hot mess…
*I had a very successful craft show last month The ICE Holiday Spectacular- If you are a local crafter you should attend or vend at an I.C.E show it’s a blast and you will be hooked.

*I suppose the biggest news of all is the fact that I am going to be a mommy again 14 years after the 1st.- A summer surprise!

I am having a boy in early March. Actually my due date is the same as Taylor’s birthday. Which she isn’t crazy about, lucky for her my doctor considers me a candidate for induction since I’m a high-risk gal due to my previous history of high blood pressure…..So chances are she wont have to share that equals less drama for us all….

I have tons of details about this and other junk. Maybe some of which I can catch up on as I get back into the swing of blogging again…..at least until the baby comes…..