Happy New Year!

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Business, Booties, Buttons !





A brief post about some new stuff. Business has picked up a little. I recently made 2 baby blankets which sparked orders for 3 more. I sold some stuff on ETSY. Namely my Corny Ears Earrings and little Frankie Stein. Glad they will have a good home but kind sad to see them go.


I got a nod from Kristen from Craft Leftovers. I entered a contest she was holding and got an honorable mention. I won a discount in her etsy shop and a button. I feel like I won! She's like a craft celebrity so its nice that she acknowledged my work. I took one of her patterns, some denim scraps ,and homemade bias tape, and made my new favorite crochet hook case. See.....




All else is well. I started a myspace page...www.myspace.com/artistikdiva...what was I thinking? I had to get over my doubts about the whole myspace craziness and go for it. I thought this was hard to maintain...whew I really have no idea what I am doing. I need to remember to cross reference the blog , etsy, myspace so all the work I put into getting out there is seen. Ive made friends out of all the crafty people I can find. It's all about who you know people!

I ordered some buttons from AmyLynn at kittycrossbones18.com. She has an etsy shop too. I love the buttons so much I cant wait to order some more. I may design a line to sell....the ones I bought are intended to promote my business... I also started on a new baby bootie project this weekend. I was so inspired by my best friends pretty new baby girl I had to make something. I intend to post them to etsy soon. They will be known as The Nia bootie after that sweet baby girl.


So anyway, I am going to publish a zine. It's really only for my friends and family. This will be a Christmas gift for some. I am sending out an email this weekend if not sooner giving you all the details. I am asking for help from friends so if you want to help drop me a line at
artistikdiva@gmail.com. I will be posting the info here soon! In case you didnt know its all about DIY and other crafty-ness. I had something else to say.....but it totally sliped my mind just now. Dang! I hate when that happens. Well I guess thats it then. Until next time...remember

Creativity takes courage!