Happy New Year!

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Post Haste!

A super quick post!
Ok! So I'm up a and running on Etsy...finally in one week I sold 5 items. Yay for me- Im very excited. I got in my shiny black gift boxes and package my earrings on ear cards and tie a ribbon around the box Hot Pink of course. I sold a greeting card yesterday and and have gotten lots of positive feedback from family and friends. I have decided to commit myself to buying more and more handmade- I totally understand the plight of so many itching to make a living being creative, and while I too would LOVE to do that too. It does seem like the impossible dream at times.

I am totally inspired by everything these days. Nature most recently and have started a list of things to sculpt for earrings . Eric suggested peanut butter cups the other day, and Ive been thinking about acorns, cherries, leaves, and fall things like pumpkins. This is SO my second job right now. I spent most of my profit buying more supplies. It's just so much fun I may only be working this 2nd job to support my habit- Oh well.

I discovered the wonder of digital cameras again- I have an old 3.0 mega pixel dinosaur. I can NOT take close up pictures of my jewelry with that thing so I borrowed my mom's to shoot photos for the etsy site and whoa, its good. All the right settings and everything....I could write that off as a business expense...huh? Did I mention Ive started a little light bookkeeping?
Any who I'm rambling and sleepy. - Off to nite nite, ahh, who am I kidding, I'm gonna make at least one pair of earrings before I hit the hay!

Hugs and kisses, love and best wishes!

No comments: